Evolutionary and adaptive production systems for customized production: high industrial efficiency and sustainability
The R.M. Meccanica s.r.l. operates in the engineering, aerospace and mechatronics sectors. Inserted in an industrial fabric of hot forging of steel, she began as a manufacturer of molds and equipment for the industries of the sector. With the acquisition of new machinery and systems, he soon developed a production of mechanical components and processing for third parties. It employs 22 people divided between administrative area, commercial office, technical service and quality, production, acceptance and shipment. The production activity is spread over a covered area of approximately 3000 square meters.
Division of Departments:
a- Raw warehouse and cutting department.
b- Mold processing department.
c- Mechanical processing department.
d- Finished warehouse and shipping.
Currently the production department can count on:
-CNC sawing machines, diam. Maximum = 450 mm
-CNC horizontal lathes, Daewoo, turning diameters from 40 mm to 800 mm, turning length up to 1600mm.
-CNC machining center for milling and drilling 1040x600x500 mm, DMC.
-Shaft processing line maximum length 700mm.
- Parallel turns displayed.
-Automatic welding system.
-Metrological room for testing and dimensional control
The project aims to both improve production performance and develop new products, allowing the company to face strong competition in European and international markets in terms of commercial offer and management economies. The solutions that we intend to study and research are strongly linked to guaranteeing products and services of precision and reliability as well as the optimization of production processes.
ORGANIZATION CHART CORPORATE
The realization of the project and its objectives will see the planned activities as a whole and structurally integrated into the following specific objectives:
OR.1: Evolutionary and adaptive production systems for
• Act 1.1: Analysis of production flows - (RI);
• Act.1.2: Study and definition of the critical points along the active technological lines and of the generated production blocks and design of solution methodologies - (RI);
• Att. 1.3: Experimental tests of optimization of production systems and predictive monitoring linked to maintenance - (RI);
• Att. 1.4: Design of augmented reality systems to facilitate ordinary and extraordinary critical operations - (RI).
OR2: Design and construction of several
Prototypes to significantly improve existing performances:
Act 2.1: Prototype design - (SS)
• HOT ACCAIO SHEARING KNIFE;
• EQUIPMENT AND PROCESSING STRATEGIES FOR MECHANICAL COMPONENTS OF THE AEROSPACE SECTOR;
• NEW INTERCHANGEABILITY SYSTEM FOR MOLD BOXES;
• ROUND AND SQUARE INSERT HOLDER BOXES FOR 3150T LINE WITH RAPID FITTING SYSTEM;
• 2500T LINE ROUND INSERT HOLDER BOXES WITH SCREW CRUSHING ADJUSTMENT SYSTEM;
• CONES REPORTED FOR HOT STEEL ROLLING
Act.2.2: Realization of the prototype - (SS);
- HOT ACCAIO SHEARING KNIFE;
Act.2.3: Experimental testing and evaluation of the performance of the prototype - (SS).
OR3: Prototyping of innovative PPE:
Study and design of multifunctional biodegradable masks
Act.3.1: Study and analysis of the sector in terms of innovation and market - (SS);
Act.3.2: Prototype design and study of innovative technological lines for production - (SS);
Act.3.3: Realization of the prototype - (SS);
Act.3.4: Experimental testing and evaluation of the performance of the prototype - (SS);
1. The use of the A.R. to support the production and after-sales management phases represent an extraordinary challenge to place the company in a medium-high segment of the market, especially the aeronautical one. The study carried out highlights weaknesses, threats and opportunities and strengths that indicate a path to launch an investment plan to structure and industrialize this process.
2. Thanks to the design and experimentation activities it was possible to prototype the hot steel shearing knife in order to improve the company's production performance;
3. The R&D activities have allowed the prototyping of innovative PPE in terms of ergonomics and safety with traditional materials. With these foundations, the company intends to start the certification process. The experimentation of compostable and biodegradable materials is giving some difficulties related to the filtration capacity over time. The industrial research and subsequent experimental development activities require further activities, to overcome some difficulties that emerged in the activities of SS.